Monday, 27 May 2013

Ruby Reflections

Well it's half term and I finally have some time to work on my embroidery things. At the North Wales Embroiderers Guild we are having a mini regional day soon and there is a competition with the theme of 'Ruby Reflections'. 
I must admit this theme is very different for me and my style of work so I have struggled to start but I have started with some initial drawings and then manipulated them ready to be printed onto fabric and stitched into.
It is a very different colour scheme to my usual work so I am experimenting and seeing what works best for now. I couldn't do a project without involving my usual sea creatures so I have decided to try and incorporate coral images and images of coral cells to add some texture to the reflections. Comments welcome :)


Initial Drawing
Here are some of my ideas to print onto fabric so far....






No comments:

Post a Comment